Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Point of No Return (How Big Can You Stretch before they won't Shrink Back?)

Q: How big will I be able to stretch my ears before they will be too big to ever stretch back to normal?



A: Honestly, If you plan on stretching to any size past a 12G, your ears are never going to return back to the way they were when you first got pierced as a baby. However, if by "normal" you mean able to at least conceal the fact that your ears were ever stretched in the first place, most people will tell you somewhere around a 2G or 0G. The thing about this question is that it's a lot like asking "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?" There is no right or wrong answer. I've witnessed people who have stretched to a 7/8" and their ears were able to shrink back to a 1/2 inch. Likewise, I've seen people who have stretched to as "little" as a 2G and their ears never shrunk. It all depends on your individual tissue structure and elasticity. If you are having second thoughts about stretching any further, make sure you are using products on your ears that prevent scar tissue build up, as scar tissue can make it not only difficult to stretch up a size, but also to shrink down a size. Holy Butt'r and Jojoba oil are two great products to use because they help thicken your lobes, keep them moisturized and prevent scar tissue from forming.

Hope that answer helped!
x0x0x
Auri

1 comment:

  1. I stretched to
    4g and they went back to where I could wear regular earrings in a week. Now I'm stretching again and I'm on 2g :)

    ReplyDelete